Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 in Review: That's a Wrap!

On this final day of 2010, it's time to once again bring up my yearly list of goals for a final tally... and it's been quite a year! I refer to this list often throughout the year to keep me focused and moving forward. Some of the goals are steep and would take a fair amount of good fortune to achieve. Others are more attainable and serve as way-points on my path of progress for the year. Some highlights:


  • Birds In Art exhibit in Wausau, WI
  • Winning the Working Together For Wildlife print with the Pennsylvania Game Commission

  • Publishing my first book "The Long Way Home"

  • Completing 40 painting (far above my previous benchmarks)

  • Successful initial participation in the Southeastern Wildlife Exposition in Charleston, SC

That's just a few points that come to mind as I look back... and I'm happy. I've also learned a lot. It's possible I've learned more in the past 12 months than during any other similar time frame of my life. My art is moving forward with improvements in my understanding of drawing, composition, and the actual application of paint. It's learning process I'm sure will continue until the day I set my final brush aside.

2011 promises to be every bit as amazing and my list of goals reflects some lofty expectations. Good luck to you all in the coming year and thank you for continuing the read this blog.

No comments: