Thursday, July 29, 2010

"Low Water" 4x6 acrylic on masonite

A couple of weeks ago, I took a walk along a local river with my dad. Rod and reels in hand, we were looking for catfish... just a couple for dinner and maybe a few more to catch and let go. It was a good morning and we caught plenty of fish. As usual, I spent more time stumbling over the rocks with my camera than fishing. The river was in all her glory and my thoughts were swept away with the current of the low clear water. I knew right then I'd be painting several scenes from this short outing... and this is the first.
"Low Water" is #8 in my current series of minis and is now in a private collection.

1 comment:

Jeremy Pearse said...

It's a lovely painting Jim, I'm not surprised that it sold. You get a lot into a small work such as this!