Monday, May 10, 2010

Reality Check

I was sitting here in front of the TV, watching the hockey game, and writing a new blog post about the joy of being accepted into Birds In Art... that's when I got the call. I feel like the artist community I'm a part of is pretty tight. We all watch out for each other... especially those in the Birds In Art "family." That's why I was so stunned to hear that my friend, Debby Kaspari (whose blog "Drawing the Motmot" is linked to this page) lost her beautiful house and studio to a tornado today in Oklahoma. She, her husband Mike, and their cat all made it to their storm shelter in the nick of time and are all currently holed up in a shelter. The details are a little sketchy and all my information is second-hand (from her sister and other artist friends). I'm waiting to hear.
So now I sit here a thousand miles away... feeling helpless... not knowing what to do... and thinking how lucky I am. I wish I could do more.

No comments: