Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Morels

A pleasant surprise!
This has been such a goofy spring. The early warm weather has all sorts of things messed up. Until this year, I'd never found morel mushrooms near here in April. Two weeks ago the tiny early specimens started showing themselves in some of the usual places. Then came the cold again and the last two days... snow. Yesterday, after the snow melted, I found this dandy while scouting a new hunting area. I may have to go back in a few days to check for more :)

1 comment:

Dar said...

I do not know where you live but you are very fortunate to have Morels. They are near the kings of the crop. Only once in all my oodles of years, have I seen them here in northcentral WI. The weather sure has turned Mother Nature on her head.
Good luck finding more.
BlessYourHeart