Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Good Luck Charm

The 9th Annual McKeever Nature Art Show wrapped up earlier today and it was quite a success. It was one of my better shows and I'm quite pleased with the results.
Of course, as I was setting up on Friday, the skies opened up and the rain thoroughly soaked everything outside. I feared this would keep people from attending this small show, but that was not to be. Opening night was pleasantly cool, reasonably dry, and as patrons began to browse the gallery, a barred owl lit in a small tree just outside the window. It seemed as curious about what was going on behind the panes of glass and watched us watching him.
I've heard owls can be good luck. Well, I'm inclined to agree. The owl stayed throughout the weekend and became quite a celebrity. I'm sure I won't be the only artist with an owl image in my display next year!

1 comment:

Terry Miller said...

Hey Jim, great news about the show. Maybe a good sign for the Festival to come? How 'bout you bring along your 'good luck charm'? :) Five and a half weeks now, get busy!