Monday, February 14, 2011

SEWE 2011

It's finally here. I've been couped up in the studio for more than two months working on my inventory for the 2011 Southeastern Wildlife Exposition. Now that the truck is packed and I'm ready to head out the door, I can't wait to once again see my friends at the show. Sculptors Paul Rhymer and Don Rambadt will be among my first stops at the show. Sculptors think differently (and probably a little more) than painters do, so it's always fun to share ideas. It will also be interesting to browse the outstanding compositions of graphite artist Ray Brown and take in the bold buttery brushwork of painter Dustin Van Wechel. The entire show will be a feast for the mind and spirit (as well as the eye).

I'm also very anxious to get some feedback on my own work. I'm quite proud of my collection of paintings and I'm hoping the patrons are equally enthusiastic.

The temperature outside this morning read 13°F, so the Charleston forecast calling for days near 70° are sounding pretty fine. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the 13 hour drive to Charleston, SC, but at least the weather outlook is waaaaaaaaaaay better than last year!

No comments: