Friday, November 26, 2010

Drawing


I've been doing a lot of drawing the last few days. From time to time, I just need to go back to my sketch books and start filling some pages. I should draw every day, but in reality, I'm happy to get the 2B in action a couple of times a week. It's good practice and keeps me honest about interpreting the information my eyes are giving me. I'm never quite as happy as I am wearing down the point on a pencil.
This drawing was done from a series of photos I shot a couple of summers ago. The plan was to execute an oil portrait, but after browsing the images, decided they were not exactly what I was looking for. I may need to reconsider.
I really don't like the texture of the paper I used for this, so I need to find something with a finer tooth. Other than that, I'm pleased with this effort.

No comments: